ONLINE COURSE NOW AVAILABLE:
The Digital Peer Support Certification was co-produced with scientists and peer support specialists and includes education and simulation training sessions, synchronous and asynchronous technology support services, and on-going feedback. The Digital Peer Support Certification has been found to an effective knowledge translation training that has shown to increase peer support specialists’ capacity to use digital peer support in practice. Our scientific manuscript is currently under review, please contact us for a copy.
“It is a game changer“
“I really believe having this access to digital peer support will be effective in reaching people we serve in a more immediate response time and allowing the people feel more secure and safe.”
“Digital peer supports allows people we serve to enhance his/her skillset; adding confidence, courage, a sense of independence, and wanting to learn more.”
“Empowers peers to thrive and to become independent”
Certification is available online or in-person. Please see below for training dates. For group pricing and scheduling, please contact us for details.
Day 1 (5 hours):
● Virtual Learning Among People with a Lived Experience of a Mental Health Condition;
● Application of Learning Theory in Digital Peer Support Services;
● Understanding Your Learning Style;
● Digital Communication Skills (i.e., individual and group-based); and
● How to select peer support technologies using a decision-support tool.
Day 2 (5 hours):
● Review of Day 1 Materials;
● Promoting Engagement of Service Users with Technology;
● Technology Literacy;
● Available Technologies;
● Privacy and Confidentiality;
● Practice and Feedback Sessions Using Engagement Techniques; and
● How to Address a Digital Crisis.
Day 3 (5 hours):
● Review of Day 1 & 2 Materials;
● Software development lifecycle;
● Hands on smartphone app development.
● Special populations: Older adults, justice involved, home-bound individuals
● Performance testing; and
● Virtual Graduation Ceremony.